COVID-19 / Businesses
Loans and Guidelines for emergency economic response and recovery - CARES, Chamber of Commerce, SBA, SVCN, Local Government Assistance
- CHILDREN - SVCF COVID-19 Childcare Project
- Hosted by Silicon Valley Community Foundation's Center for Early Learning (CEL). The primary goals of the COVID-19 Childcare Project are: ***Provide economic relief to private childcare providers, who represent a sector of low-income workers ***Protect the role of private childcare providers as a valuable resource for underserved families ***Maintain and preserve the supply of childcare in our region. San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Clara counties Key Words: Grant
- DISASTER - Keeping Your Business Going in Times of Emergencies
- Financial advice for businesses from Community Ventures in Santa Cruz - Emergencies, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, can have a significant economic toll on small businesses. These six simple steps can help you navigate these difficult times. . Multi-language: Spanish
- DISASTER - Small Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- Health and government officials are working together to maintain the safety, security, and health of the American people. Programs include: Paycheck Protection Program Economic Injury Disaster Loans and Loan Advance SBA Debt Relief SBA Express Bridge Loans Guidance for Businesses and Employers SBA Products and Resources Government Contracting Local Assistance Key Words: Coronavirus, Finance, COVID-19 Multi-language: Spanish
- EMPLOYER - Employer Vaccination Toolkit
- 5/21/21 The Employer Vaccination Toolkit provides employers with vaccine education materials, information on COVID-19 Supplemental Paid Sick Leave and other guidance for employees, and an online form to request vaccination support. Employers interested in requesting group appointments at nearby providers, or setting up a mobile or pop-up vaccination clinic at their workplace, must complete an online form. A representative will follow up within three business days, and requests will be filled as resources allow. There is no financial cost to the employer. Multi-language: Spanish
- EMPLOYMENT - CA COVID-19 Employer Playbook For a Safe Reopening
- 7/24/20 Guidance and links are provided to give employers the tools needed to open safely and mitigate risks associated with COVID-19.
- EMPLOYMENT - CA State List of Essential Workers - Updated
- 1/7/21 The California State Public Health Officer has designated the following list of “Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers” to help state, local, tribal, and industry partners as they work to protect communities, while ensuring continuity of functions critical to public health and safety, as well as economic and national security.
- EMPLOYMENT - New CA Law - Apply for A Business or Professional License Without a Social Security Number
- There are new laws in California that make it easier to start a business and pursue a professional career! Under AB 2184, the Immigrant Business Inclusion Act, you can apply for a local business license without a Social Security Number as of January 1, 2019. Key Words: Self Employment, Entrepreneur,
- FINANCE - ANewAmerica Women’s Business Center – San Jose
During this extraordinary time, AnewAmerica is committed to working with our team, clients, small businesses, partners and supporters to work through the current situation and help our entrepreneurs and small business owners to mitigate the impacts of the COVID 19 virus (Coronavirus). We will be using remote tools during this time to work with clients.
AnewAmerica changes lives through creating economic opportunities for targeted communities. Many women, minorities and immigrants face economic insecurity with no means to accumulate wealth. AnewAmerica leverages entrepreneurship to train and coach individuals to start their own business to support economic growth for themselves and their communities. Offices in Oakland and San Jose, CA
- FINANCE - Business for All Emergency Grants for Small Businesses
- COVID-19 Business for All Grants The current COVID-19 crisis has been a game changer for To ensure Business for All, Hello Alice with the support of Verizon, Silicon Valley Bank, Ebay, and others is offering $10,000 emergency grants, being distributed immediately to small business owners impacted by this pandemic. If your business has been severely impacted by COVID-19, please complete the full COVID19 Business for All Grant application to apply for immediate support in the form of $10,000 grants
- FINANCE - CA Disaster Relief Loan Guarantee Program — COVID-19
- Small Businesses located in California with 1-750 employees that have been negatively impacted or experienced disruption by COVID-19 and Eligible Nonprofits that experience capital access barriers are eligible. . The loan guarantees provided for the Disaster Relief Loan Guarantee Program help to mitigate barriers to capital for those small businesses that do not qualify for federal disaster funds, including businesses in low-wealth and immigrant communities. Key Words: Coronavirus, disaster Spanish
- FINANCE - COVID-19 Business Resource Center
- Updated daily, with real-world funding, resources, and support for small business owners adapting to the impacts of coronavirus. We've compiled 50+ Financial Support Resources - financing opportunities to help your business when funds are particularly tight. Key Words: Hello Alice,
- FINANCE - Opportunity Fund - Micro-loans for Small Business
- 3/25/20 Update - Micro-loans for Small Business Owners who are from low-income households or communities and: *a small business owner whose business has been impacted by the Coronavirus, and/or *Seeking microloans *People of color and/or recent immigrants *Women *LGBTQ *Veterans *In industries considered “undesirable” or risky, such as swap meet vendors, child care and elder care providers, food trucks and restaurants *Credit-challenged or credit invisible. Serving Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties Key Words: Disaster, pandemic, Finance, COVID-19
- FINANCE - SBA Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- 5/20/20 SBA is currently offering PPP loans originated only by participating community financial institutions including Certified Development Companies (CDCs), SBA Microlenders, Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs), and Minority Depository Institutions (MDIs) until May 31, 2021 or until remaining funds are exhausted. Key Words: Finance, Small business, COVID-19 Multi-language: SBA in Spanish
- HEALTH - CDC Guidelines for Schools, Workplaces & Community Locations and FAQ
- 11/13/20 CDC Updated guidelines and resources for Homes, K-12 Schools, Childcare Settings, Colleges, Workplaces, Healthcare Settings, Faith Based Organizations, First Responders, Commercial Settings, and Large Mass Gatherings. Specific mitigation plans for Santa Clara County, CA, Seattle, WA, , New York (NY), MA and Florida (FL) Multi-language: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) in English FAQ, Spanish FAQ , and Chinese FAQ Key Words: Pandemic,,COVID-19
- HEALTH - Cal/OSHA Guidance on Requirements to Protect Workers from Coronavirus
- To protect workers and prevent exposure to the virus, employers must develop and maintain the required programs and plans for their facility or operation. Cal/OSHA recommends the interim guidance, educational materials and model programs and plans below be reviewed with an employer’s existing procedures to ensure that workers are protected. Key Words: pandemic, disaster Key Words: COVID-19, employment Spanish
- HOUSING - COVID-19 CA Emergency Rent Relief Program
- The COVID-19 Rent Relief Program is rental assistance for tenants who have past due rent from April 1, 2020 - March 31, 2021. ***Who can apply? Landlords who have income-eligible renters experiencing a financial hardship due to COVID-19 past due rent. ***Renters who have experienced financial hardship due to COVID-19, have past due rent or utilities, and have a household income that is not more than 80% of the area median income. Apply Online at Housing is Key 0r call Catholic Charities at (408) 273-7478. Multi-language: English, Vietnamese, Spanish | Key Words: Pandemic
- RESOURCE - Disaster Relief Resource Guide for Businesses
- GO-Biz offers a range of services to business owners and has dedicated representatives to field general business questions and to assist business owners as they seek to access business recovery resources such as federal relief from FEMA and the SBA.
- RESOURCE - Employer Tax Credit : Paid Leave Credit for Vaccines
- The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARP) allows small and midsize employers, and certain governmental employers, to claim refundable tax credits that reimburse them for the cost of providing paid sick and family leave to their employees due to COVID-19, including leave taken by employees to receive or recover from COVID-19 vaccinations. The ARP tax credits are available to eligible employers that pay sick and family leave for leave from April 1, 2021, through September 30, 2021. For more Information see our fact sheet. Key Words: Pandemic
- RESOURCE - Hispanic Chamber Of Commerce Silicon Valley
- The mission of the HCC Silicon Valley is to maximize Hispanic business and economic development by serving as an advocate and resource for its members, business owners, professionals, students and the community in general. Member of CA Hispanic Chambers of Commerce Multi-language: Spanish Key Words: Networking, Business, Latino,
- RESOURCE - Japanese Chamber of Commerce of Northern CA
- The Japanese Chamber of Commerce of Northern California (JCCNC) was founded in 1950 to promote business, mutual understanding, and goodwill between Japan and the United States.
- RESOURCE - Latino Business Foundation Silicon Valley
- BUSINESS ACADEMY - One of the main causes for new small business operations to close is due to lack of knowledge in business planning and operations. Latino Business Foundation Silicon Valley has created a Small Business Academy Program aimed to provide small business owners with the training, education and coaching to plan, organize, direct, execute and control their resources in order to obtain maximum benefit and achieve sustainable positive results. Latino Business Foundation Silicon Valley recognizes the common obstacles women owned businesses often face and has developed workshops designed to assist the participants to overcome these struggles. ?
- RESOURCE - SCC COVID-19 Businesses and Workplaces Portal
- 1/15/21 updated guidance for employers, workers and customers. COVID-19 Business Call Center: (408) 961-5500 Spanish | Vietnamese | Chinese | Tagalog |
- RESOURCE - Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Hispanic Satellite
- Our mission is to provide services to Latino small business owners and entrepreneurs, helping them to grow and establish successful businesses. Northern California SBDC's offer free, individualized and confidential one-on-one advising for existing businesses and start-ups with the potential for job creation, revenue and profit growth, and new business development ideas which could stimulate economic development in Northern California and beyond. San Jose Office. Multi-Language: Spanish Key Words:
- RESOURCE - Vietnamese American Chamber of Commerce - Silicon Valley
- Serving businesses' needs with the core focus in Vietnamese businesses and businesses serving Vietnamese community. Promoting and supporting member businesses for the advancement of economic growth throughout the Silicon Valley area.
- RESOURCE - iFundWomen
- IFundWomen is a startup funding platform for women of color, providing access to capital through crowdfunding and grants, expert business coaching on all the topics entrepreneurs need to know about, and a network of women business owners that sparks confidence, accelerates knowledge, and ignites action. Raise Capital Get Coaching Make Connections Fund Startups Give a Grant