Our world is rapidly being altered to face the challenges presented by COVID-19. This situation is new for everyone and we can use it to find new ways to help each other in difficult times. Empathy, patience, and understanding (for others and ourselves) will help us all survive, possibly emerging stronger and with new connections.
Our mission at Immigrantinfo.org remains the same but, we will be focusing much of our attention on identifying and developing needed resources for those who are the most vulnerable in this pandemic. We are posting important news and information by category in the sub-pages. Links are available on the Menu bar and the COVID-19 button below.
It is important that those with limited English abilities receive the same information in a timely manner. If you are a member of an ethnic community, please share this information as you can.
Please send us your feedback regarding our COVID-19 content and anything that would be of benefit to the community or decision makers. Contact us at: Administrator@Immigrantinfo.org
- 2 Week Window for Small Businesses - Under the pandemic-era Paycheck Protection Program, the administration is establishing a two-week window, starting 2/24/21, in which only businesses with fewer than 20 employees - the overwhelming majority of small businesses - can apply for the forgivable loans.–New!
- Santa Clara County’s No Wrong Door System makes access to vaccines as clear and barrier free as possible. Healthcare providers, including county health system, will vaccinate anyone over 65 regardless their healthcare provider. Those without internet can call (408) 970-2000–New!
- 1/20/21 The COVID-19 emergency relief deferments are extended on ED-owned federal student loans through Sept. 30, 2021.
- The CDC recommends the use of better masks. to help combat the new, more contagious coronavirus variants
- SCC COVID-19 Vaccination Eligibility and Scheduling
- My Turn - Find out if it’s your turn for vaccination by answering a few questions. If you’re eligible and vaccine appointments are available through My Turn, you can schedule one. If it’s not your turn yet or appointments are not available, you can register to be notified when you’re eligible or when appointments open up.–New!
- CA Notify - Add your phone to California’s exposure notification system to get COVID-19 exposure alerts and to protect those around you.
- Free Santa Clara County Coronavirus (COVID-19) Testing Sites and Information
- 2/13/21 A guide for where and how to get a COVID-19 vaccine in the Bay Area Counties–New!
- Coronavirus Factcheck - Fact-checking political claims and debunking viral deceptions
- CA Blueprint for a Safer Economy - Up to date info on Tiers and Restrictions by County
- CA Dept of Public Health Immigrant Communities Guidance - Public Charge for COVID-19 Testing and Treatment
- SCC Public Health Department COVID-19 Updates
- CA State COVID-19 Updates and Guidance Documents