Our world is rapidly being altered to face the challenges presented by COVID-19. This situation is new for everyone and we can use it to find new ways to help each other in difficult times. Empathy, patience, and understanding (for others and ourselves) will help us all survive, possibly emerging stronger and with new connections.
Our mission at Immigrantinfo.org remains the same but, we will be focusing much of our attention on identifying and developing needed resources for those who are the most vulnerable in this pandemic. We are posting important news and information by category in the sub-pages. These pages will evolve as we become more clear on what is the most vital information and how to organize it for quick access. Links are available on the Menu bar and the COVID-19 button below.
It is important that those with limited English abilities receive the same information in a timely manner. If you are a member of an ethnic community, please share this information as you can.
Please send us your feedback regarding our COVID-19 content and anything that would be of benefit to the community or decision makers. Contact us at: Administrator@Immigrantinfo.org
- Note: Information about Wildfire Relief will be posted in the Home Page Announcements and the Immigrantinfo Disaster Page–New!
- Understand Potential Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) - If severe weather threatens a portion of the electric system, it may be necessary for PG&E to turn off electricity in the interest of public safety.
- Californians Affected by the Pandemic and Wildfire Victims Can Still Apply For Health Insurance Coverage–New!
- San José Small Business Rent Relief Grant Applications Open Until noon, 9/22/20 - Coronavirus Relief Funds provides grants of up to $15,000 to SJ small businesses to cover the owner’s unpaid or pending rent from 3/1/20 through 12/30/20.–New!
- 9/1/20 New Protections and Guidelines for Homeowners and Small Landlords - If you are a homeowner or landlord with four (4) or fewer properties, whether they are owner occupied or not, and you have had difficulty making mortgage payments because of COVID-19, the law offers you protections.–New!
- 9/1/20 The CDC has ordered a nationwide halt to evictions for the remainder of 2020–New!
- AlertSCC - Multi-language Emergency Alerts - A free, easy, and confidential way for anyone who lives or works in Santa Clara County to get emergency warnings sent directly to their cell phone, mobile device, email, or landline.
- Free Santa Clara County Coronavirus (COVID-19) Testing Sites and Information
- Interactive National Air Quality Map - Enter Zip Code
- How to Select, Wear, and Clean Your Mask
- SCC Public Health Department COVID-19 Updates
- CA State COVID-19 Updates
- Safe at Home Voting Registration offers victims of domestic violence, stalking, sexual assault, human trafficking & elder and dependent abuse, as well as reproductive health care workers, a substitute mailing address to receive first class, certified, and registered mail.
- CA Dept of Public Health Immigrant Communities Guidance - Public Charge for COVID-19 Testing and Treatment
- Submit info by Oct 15th to receive Fed Economic Impact Payment if you did not file taxes in 2018 and will not file in 2019
- Coronavirus Factcheck - Fact-checking political claims and debunking viral deceptions
- 8/31/20 CA Legislature Passes First-in-the-Nation COVID-19 Farmworker Relief Package
- Wildfire Smoke and COVID-19 - Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, preparing for wildfires might be a little different this year. Know how wildfire smoke can affect you and your loved ones during the COVID-19 pandemic and what you can do to protect yourselves.
- WILDFIRES - Community Information, Updates, Evacuation Status, and Resources for CZU (Santa Cruz Mountains) and SCU ( Diablo Foothills) Lightning Complex Wildfires